The richest 10% of the population captures 19 times more income than the lower stratum of the Social pyramid in Argentina, according to data reported this Thursday by the National Institute of Statistics and Censuses (INDEC).
The agency specified that the most benefited are left with 30.6% of total income, while those who are in the base barely take 1.6%.
Translated into pesos, out of a total of $1,196,507,770 thousand, 10% more rich collects $366,480,216 thousand, while the less fortunate barely manage to get $19,132,966 thousand.
In any case, the figures at the end of the second quarter show a general deterioration in the conditions of income of Argentine families since they increased 61.4% when inflation in the same period was 64%.
The average income per capita reached $41,626, when in June the Total Basic Basket (CBT) which measures poverty had been set at $33,727, or 23% higher.
Regarding the employed population, there was a entry average of $66,604, equivalent to the upper income limit of the fifth decile under which 50% of employed persons fall.
The entry average of the first four deciles of the population, ordered according to income from the main occupation, is $25,072. The average income of the middle stratum (deciles 5 to 8) is $66,380, while the income of deciles 9 and 10 is equivalent to $150,131.
In relation to the salaried population9,360,477 people were registered with entry average of $70,678.
Meanwhile, the average income of salaried people with retirement discount was $89,630 (+56.0% year-on-year), while for those without retirement discount (in “black”), the average income is equivalent to $38,476 (+58.8% year-on-year).
In the case of the composition of households, income employment accounted for 75.3% of the income while non-labor income (retirement, pensions or subsidies) reached the remaining 24.7%.
the weight of the income non-labour income was higher for the lowest total family income deciles, being equal to 60.7% in the first and 16.2% in the tenth.
The Gini coefficient (with the best result tending to zero) of the per capita income family of people was 0.414 for the second quarter of 2022 while, in the same quarter of 2021, it was 0.434, which shows a decrease in inequality.