When is October Community Day?
The Community Day of October, or Community Dayon Pokémon GO will be held Sunday, October 15 between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.local hour.
Niantic seems determined to endorse this 3 hour shortened formulafollowed by a 5-hour slot where players can team up in Raids 4⭐️ to defeat Melancolux (more details below).
What are the bonuses for Community Day?
Bonuses during the event
Here are the details of the bonuses Trainers will be entitled to during the event:
- funeralthe Candle Pokemon, will appear more often in the wild;
- Funeral will have a shiny rate boosted by 1/25 (against ≃ 1/500).
- Capture XP tripled
- Chances of receiving Funecire XL Candies when catching Funecire doubled (Level 31+)
- Pokemon Catch Candy doubled
- The Lure Modules activated during the event will last three hours
- The Incense activated during the event will last three hours.
- Take some cliches during Community Day to get a surprise (Funecire x 5);
- A additional special exchange can be done during the event and up to five hours after.
- The trades made during the event and until 10 p.m. will require 50% less Stardust.
* Premium Lure Modules will attract Funecire as well as other Pokémon matching their archetype.
As for each Community Day, the shop will offer a scenario ofSpecialStudythe Study Report: Optical Illusion, available for 1 €.
In addition, the event will be accompanied by event taskswhich will give you more opportunities to catch Funecire with low IVs.
Finally, decals will be available in the shop for PokeCoins.
It has become one of standards Community Days for several months, in an effort to promote real interactions at the end of a couple of years marked by confinement and, by extension, by a slowdown in activity on the game. dynamicillustrated in particular by the collaboration with McDonald’s, is also integrated through new mechanics in Pokémon GO.
Indeed, since June, Niantic has reintroduced the Raids 4⭐️ to show the developments Pokémon honored during Community Day with a specificity: you can only participate in the fight by face-to-facewith the aid of Raid Pass or a Premium Battle Pass.
This mechanism comes with a bonus, communicated by the studio on their official site :
- If you win a four-star Raid Battle against Melancolux, Funerals will spawn within 300 meters of the Raid Arena for 30 minutes.
These will have a boosted shiny rate (1/25); a way to artificially lengthen the event.
What will Chandelure’s Featured Attack be for October Community Day?
It is one of main reasons to participate at Community Days, since these attacksavailable by upgrading the featured pokemon in its final version, they can only be taught with Technical Capsules (TC) eliteconsumables particularly rare in Pokémon GO.
For Halloween, Chandelure will learn Fighting spirita Ghost-type Charged Attack, dealing 140 in both PvP and Raids. It integrates the category of attacks “ nukes,” particularly effective in Raids – as long as the Pokémon survives long enough to cast it – and formidable in PvP if you manage to bait his adversary himself.
Nevertheless, it remains to be noted that it competes directly with a standard Specter Charged Attack: Shadow Ball. If we can imagine teaching Poltergeist in second Charged Attack, many Trainers prefer Overheating. This Fire-type Charged Attack gives Chandelure greater versatility in Raids, where his two attacks benefit from the Same Type Attack BonusWhere STAB in its original version.
It will be necessary more testing to determine impact of this addition to the arsenal of Chandelure, which fishes by its fragility, both in PvP and Raids. It will be necessary to remain attentive to the excellent Comprehensive DPS*TDO Spreadsheet of GamePresswhich compares all Pokémon of the same type with one click, as well as PvPoke, the benchmark for PvP leaderboards. For now, none of them are considering the introduction of Poltergeist.