By Lynx Insight Service
25 November (Reuters) –
* Germany’s Statistics Office said on Friday that the country’s gross domestic product rose 0.4% in the third quarter compared to the previous three months. , a higher figure than expected by analysts, according to a detailed report for the period.
* In a previous estimate, the statistical institute had estimated a variation for GDP for the quarter of +0.3%.
* A Reuters poll of analysts had expected GDP to grow 0.3% quarter-on-quarter in the third quarter.
* Compared to the same quarter of the previous year, the German economy grew by 1.2% in the third quarter, after an initial estimate of 1.1%.
* Reuters had expected a year-on-year reading of 1.1% on a year-on-year basis. (Reporting by Benjamín Mejías Valencia)