Last day, five people died and around 150 people were hospitalized due to cholera in Maharashtra’s Amaravati. Cholera is a bacterial disease that causes diarrhea and extreme dehydration of the body. If not treated in time, it can lead to the death of the patient. Cholera is mainly caused by the bacterium Vibrio cholerae. This bacteria is found in contaminated food and water.
People living in unsanitary environments are more prone to cholera. Diarrhea, vomiting, excessive fatigue, fainting, sunken eyes, dry mouth, excessive thirst, dry skin, urinary incontinence, low blood pressure and irregular heartbeat are all symptoms of cholera.
To prevent the waterborne disease of cholera, the following should be taken care of
1. Avoid drinking water from outside. Drink only clean boiled water
2. Keep food and water storage areas clean
3. Avoid seafood that is not properly cooked; Especially shellfish.
4. Wash your hands thoroughly before eating. Hand hygiene is as important in cholera control as it is in Covid control.
5. Wash vegetables and fruits thoroughly before eating them. Eat as many vegetables as possible
6. Clean restrooms frequently with disinfectants.
Content Summary: 3 Signs Your Cholera Is In A Serious Stage