The carrot cake and almond flour It is a delicacy worthy of an afternoon of celebration or also for a good breakfast or as a dessert. The carrots add moisture to the dough, which is soft, somewhat dense but very tasty. The color, aroma and flavor of this cake are further enriched by the addition of almond flour.
The almonds are source of calciumEssential for strengthening bones. In addition to being tasty, original and simple, this recipe is one of the healthiest that exists.
- 4 eggs
- 400 grams of carrot
- 250 gr of almond flour
- 60 grams of flour
- 200 grams of sugar
- 10 g of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 150 g of icing sugar
- 20ml lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at a moderate temperature for 15 minutes. Grease and flour a 24-centimeter-diameter mold.
- Peel and grate the carrots, carefully separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the yolks with the sugar until they are very foamy.
- Add the grated carrot, flour, lemon zest and juice, and baking powder.
- Separately, mount the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- Incorporate the whites into the yolk shake in batches, with enveloping movements so as not to lower the shake.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 180º. We will know the curdling point by inserting a clean kitchen stick; it should come out dry.
- While the carrot and almond flour cake cools, prepare the topping.
- Mix the icing sugar with the lemon juice little by little. A thick glaze remains.
- Cover the cake, let dry and serve.
- You can also use couverture chocolate.